Best IPL Betting Guide Australia 2019
Indian Premier League betting (also known simply as IPL betting) is probably the most popular form of cricket betting in the world. This is because the IPL is the biggest club cricket tournament. Thus, it is understandable that many Aussies are interested in betting on the prestigious league.
Well, the good news is that it is completely possible with Australia’s top online sportsbooks. Whether you want to place a future bet on the Chennai Super Kings or a bet on a simple league game, our cricket betting sites will have you covered. If you’re interested in learning more about IPL betting, read on down below to find out how to do so, which are the best Aussie sports betting sites to do it at and some top tips to keep in mind when placing a cheeky wager.
Best IPL Betting Sites
The below sportsbooks are the top-rated IPL betting sites currently available to Australian punters. Here they will find the best list of odds and betting lines:
IPL Betting Guide Contents
How to Bet on the IPL
If you’re familiar with cricket betting, then placing a wager on the IPL shouldn’t be an issue for you. But, if you haven’t, don’t worry about it. We’ve got you covered with the most popular cricket bets you can make on this sport down below:
- Head-to-Heads – these are bets made on a team to win the matchup. These are really just three options players can choose to bet on in these bets. They can pick one of the teams to win and then a tie (although hardly any cricket matches end in ties.)
- Futures – these are bets made on a team to win the IPL season. They can be made at any point in the season, although the earlier you make them, the more likely you are to get better odds. The reason for this is that it is easier to lose money in that way.
- Handicaps – this is also known as spread betting to some punters. Basically, sportsbooks use stats to calculate who should have a technical advantage in an upcoming game. They then set a scoreline for the team who should, by their calculations, win the match by. If punters place a handicap bet on this team, they will need to win by this margin in order for bets to payout.
- Props – these are all sorts of bets that can be placed on a game that are dependent on something specific taking place in the game. For example, players can bet on which over the first over will fall or whether a player will score a fifty in the game, etc. Be sure to have a good look at the options available at your selected sportsbook.
IPL Betting Tips 2019
If you’re looking for some hot online betting IPL tips, you have come to the right place! Although we only provide rather general tips down below, punters can look forward to reading some weekly tips from our tipsters in our blog. We do think that you should keep the below in mind whenever placing any sort of bet though:
- Don’t Count the Chennai Kings Out – the Chennai Kings are probably the most consistent team within the IPL. They have won the league title a total of three times but have made it to the playoffs far more times than that. If you’re looking for a potential probable winner, we suggest having a good look at the side.
- Research Player and Team Stats – the IPL is an unpredictable cricket league. The fortune of teams within it constantly change with one team doing well one year and then dropping form the next. There are a lot of the reasons for this, such as the addition of new players, the retirement of old ones and others being injured, among other things. Thus, it is always important to have a good look at teams and their everchanging performances.
- Pay Attention to the Weather – remember that the weather affects the outcome of a cricket match, with particular conditions favouring either batsman or bowlers. For example, a windy day may prove to be more helpful to batsmen than bowlers. If one side has a great set of batsmen, and the other doesn’t, the result of the match already becomes a lot clearer.
IPL Odds Explained
If the only thing preventing you from betting on the IPL is understanding how odds work, keep reading because we’re about to tell you all you need to know about them. Basically, IPL betting odds tell you how much you can win by placing a particular wager.
Although there are many different methods used to display odds, three formats tend to be popular at respected sportsbooks around the world – decimal, fractional and American. Most Aussie and European sports betting sites stick to using the decimal method (which most punters also believe is easiest to understand.)
Thus, odds on an IPL matchup should generally be displayed in the following manner:
Chennai Super Kings (1.57) vs Mumbai Indians (2.43)
Now to calculate your potential winnings, all you need to do is multiply your stake by the decimal located next to the team’s name. With the example used above in mind, an AU$100 bet on the Chennai Super Kings should pay punters out AU$157. This amount includes both the bettor’s initial stake and winning.
The same principle applies to multi bets. However, in such situations, the sportsbook will add up the odds on events to create a set that is more representative of the situation. With all this said, you should pretty much be ready to go and place your first wager on a game!