Cricket betting is rife in Australia with many punters placing cheeky wagers on matches on a regular basis. With the sport being as popular as it is the nation, it makes sense that many Aussie bettors would be interested in finding a good online cricket betting site.
Well, the good news for such punters is that we here at AUSportsBetting.org have crafted the ultimate cricket sports betting guide, complete with all you need to know wagering on the sport. It doesn’t matter whether you want to bet on the Ashes or the Indian Premier League, we’ve got it all for you here! So, read on and learn all you need about betting on cricket.
Best Online Cricket Betting Sites
How to Bet on Cricket
The following bets are available at all of our top-rated sportsbooks. Go through them to be fully versed in cricket betting terms:
- Match Betting – this is the simplest bet that can be made in cricket betting. Basically, punters select which team will win a particular matchup.
- Series Winner – in cricket, teams will often play a three or five game series (for example, the Ashes.) In these bets, punters attempt to predict the winner of the series.
- Outright/Futures – these are bets that can be placed on major cricket tournaments, such as the ICC World Cup. Basically, bettors select a team to win the tournament before the final is played. The earlier punters make the bet, the better the odds.
- Prop Bets – there are many different prop bets that Australians can make on cricket matches. For example, which team will win the coin toss or whether runs will end in an even or odd score. There are also player specific props, such as who will be the first player to score 50 runs.
- Cricket Spread Betting – just as with other forms of spread betting, sportsbooks predict certain teams to come out on top in certain matchups, so they put a handicap on them. For example, if sportsbooks think that India is going to win in a matchup against England, they may give them a 20-run handicap to make bets interesting. This means that for India to win they need to win by more than 20 runs.
Aussie punters should now be clued up on how cricket betting works online. For more on cricket betting rules for each individual tournament, be sure to check out their respective pages.
Cricket Tournaments to Bet On
There are many wonderful cricket tournaments available to bet on at the top sports betting sites in Australia. Some of the most popular cricket betting online options include the following:
- ICC Cricket World Cup – the biggest trophy in the sport. This tournament is filled with exciting matches and crazy upsets that not even the most experienced cricket bookies online would be able to predict.
- The Ashes – this test series sees two of the sport’s biggest rivals go up against one another – Australia and England. This series always proves very exciting to watch and also provides punters with great wagering opportunities.
- Big Bash League – the Big Bash League is the biggest Twenty20 tournament in Australia. The tournament even entered into the world’ top-watched sports list at one stage. Along with providing fans with nail-biting action, there are loads of opportunities available to engage in a great online cricket session betting.
- ICC Champions Trophy – the ICC Champions Trophy is an ODI tournament that is only second to the World Cup. Over the years it has seen many top matches. We provide many great cricket match betting tips with our blog for this tournament.
- Test Matches – exciting cricket test series matches take place throughout the year. Aussies can bet on matches featuring Australia, England, India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and more at the best online betting sites. Our sites provide the best online cricket match betting rates.
- Indian Premier League (IPL) – the IPL is known as the most valuable cricket league in the world. Not only is this league super exciting, but there’s also a load of wonderful bets available to make. Have a look at our recommended sportsbooks for the best live online cricket betting rates.
Check Out Our Other Cricket Betting Pages
- Big Bash League
- Controversies and Scandals
- ICC World Cup
- Indian Premier League
- The Ashes
- Twenty20 Cricket
Cricket Betting Tips Guide
For the latest cricket betting tips, we urge you to have a look at our blog. We update it frequently to ensure that we provide punters with up-to-date information. However, below we have listed some more general tips every punter should keep in mind when placing a wager online:
- Team History – before placing a bet on a match, make sure that you study the best and worst aspects of both competitors involved in the match. This way you’ll be able to guess which team may have an edge over the other. Pay attention to which type of cricket match is being played too. Some teams are better suited to ODIs whereas others to tests or T20 games.
- Weather – it is important to note that the weather can have a dramatic impact on the outcome of a cricket match. In general, sunny days are great for batsmen, whereas damp, overcast days are great for bowlers. This is particularly important to take into account when betting on a test match.
- Average Innings Score – this is particularly important if you’re a huge fan of the live betting on cricket match option. Basically, you need to research the average first innings score of a particular cricket field. If one team is able to meet or surpass this figure, you may already know whether or not is a good idea to bet on them or not.
Many Aussies ask the question “How do you win a cricket bet?” Unfortunately, even when following these tips there is no guarantee that you’ll place a successful bet. You will increase your chances of doing so though.
Top Cricket Betting Odds
Whenever you feel the need to place a bet on a match of cricket, you need to shop around for odds. We supply Aussies with a list of cricket sports betting sites with the best odds and selection of bets. We advise bettors to have a good look at the options available at each of these sites, particularly, as not every option provides them with the same odds.
It is also important to note that odds for certain bets (particularly, outrights) change as the season progresses. The team that was the favourite at the beginning of the season may not necessarily be the favourite halfway through it. So, keep on checking for updates. This can be very easily done through the live cricket betting app for Android and iPhone as well as other major mobile devices available at our top recommended sportsbooks.
Aussie punters can keep track of the latest cricket betting news and odds with our blog. We also provide bettors with the latest online cricket betting tips. This way Australians are sure to increase their chances of making successful bets.