Visa has long been one of the biggest banking options in the online gambling world. With the multinational financial services provider supplying the second most debit and credit cards around the world, it really is no surprise as to why so many Australian sportsbooks offer punters this payment option.
If you are looking to find sports betting sites that accept Visa as well as how to get started with making deposits and withdrawals online, then you have come to the right place. With our ultimate Visa online betting guide, punters will learn all they need to know about using this widely accepted banking option.
Sports Betting Sites That Accept Visa
How Visa Deposits & Withdrawals Work at Sportsbooks
Making Visa deposits and withdrawals at top Australian sportsbooks online is a pretty easy process. All punters need to do is follow the processes highlighted down below and they’ll be good to go in no time:
To make a deposit at a Visa sports betting site, follow the process described down below:
- Log in to your sports betting account at your favourite sportsbook. Then, navigate to the site’s banking section. You will then need to click on the deposit option.
- After you have made it to the site’s deposit section, you will be provided with a list of possible methods to use when making deposits. Select the Visa option or the debit and credit card option.
- You will then be prompted to provide your card details and state the amount you would like to deposit into your account.
- You are now ready to make the deposit. When you click deposit, chances are you will get a screen prompting you to input a particular code sent to your cell phone number or email verifying that you are making this transaction. As soon as you have input this code, your funds will be deposited into the account.
- You are now ready to begin placing your first bets!
Before we get into withdrawals, it is important to note that you can’t make a withdrawal with a credit card. It is only possible with a debit card. The process is pretty easy. All you have to do is to navigate to the withdrawal section of the site and input the amount you would like to take out of your account. The amount of time it takes to get to your money is entirely dependent on the sportsbook in question. Usually, it takes around two to five days though.
Advantages of Visa Online Betting Sites
There are some wonderful advantages to be experienced when using a Visa card to fund your online gambling experience at sportsbooks. Some of the most appealing to our team of experts include the following:
- Quick Payments – sports games are on the go at any time of the day, and when punters believe that they have a good chance of winning a bet, they need to deposit funds fast. It’s good to know then that deposits made with your Visa card are instantaneous. Withdrawals may take some time though.
- Safe to Use – one of the best things about using a Visa card online is that it is safe to do so. Not only is Visa an online financial services provider widely regaled for their security, but they also would not associate with sites that do not offer legitimate services.
- Save Card Information for Future Transactions – although this seems like a non-benefit, some punters don’t want to go through the hassle of constantly needing to enter their banking details before making a deposit. The fact that you can save your details for your next transaction makes deposits and withdrawals a little bit quicker.
- Widely Accepted – we can promise you that any sportsbook that we recommend on this site will at least accept Visa for deposits. This means that if you plan on using your Visa debit or credit card to fund your bet slip then you’re pretty much sorted.
Disadvantages of Visa Betting
Unfortunately, every single banking method available at Australian sportsbooks has got its pros and cons. Here are some of the drawbacks you need to consider when making use of your Visa debit or credit card at online sportsbooks:
- Transaction Fees – your financial service provider may charge you for each transaction you make on your Visa debit or credit card. While this may not be a significant amount, it is still something to keep in mind when gambling online.
- Withdrawals with Visa is Not Always Possible – this is dependent on the sportsbook, but it is important to keep in mind that some sites don’t allow punters to make withdrawals using a card. This issue can be easily avoided by looking at the banking methods available on offer at the sportsbook you would like to sign up at. However, it may still put some punters off from using a particular site.
- Fear of Card Theft – some punters don’t enjoy sharing the details of their Visa debit and credit cards with online service providers, no matter how safe they claim to be. Although we will only recommend the safest sportsbooks on ausportsbetting.org, unfortunately, some punters’ fears will never be relieved.