Online Betting Australia 2019
Online betting allows Australians to place bets on their favourite sporting events from their PC or mobile device. It doesn’t even need to be a sport that is played in Australia; punters will be able to bet on matches from international games. Aussies can bet on sports like cricket, rugby, tennis, AFL, golf and more. In our online betting guide, we provide punters with the best list of sports betting sites along with a guide to all they need to know about placing wagers online.
Best Online Betting Sites for Australians
Online Betting Guide Contents
- Best Online Betting Sites for Australians
- Online Betting Australian Sites Reviews Process
- Best Online Betting Sport Options
- Betting Website Options
- Online Betting in Australia FAQs
Online Betting Australian Sites Review Process
The list of online betting companies in Australia is almost endless. With so many wonderful sites offering punters the chance to bet on so many events, it may seem like a daunting task to pick one best suited for you. We try to make this process easier for Australians by reviewing all the best online betting sport websites available to those living in AU. Some of the factors we pay strong attention include the following:
- Odds – as odds determine how much money a punter will make on their bets, we try to ensure that we only ever recommend sites that consistently provide amazing ones.
- Bonuses – every time we review a new site, we have a strong look at the bonuses available. While punters should never pick a site solely based on bonuses, they do add some value to the overall experience, so we try to make sure that we only ever recommend sites with good bonus programmes.
- Sports – there are hundreds of different professional sporting codes around the world. The betting websites we recommend to punters gives ample opportunity to bet on all sorts of events. (Scroll down below to see the most popular.)
- Banking – the online betting sites we recommend all provide a number of widely used banking options by Australians. This includes debit and credit cards, e-wallets, Bitcoin and EFTs, among other options.
- Interface – nobody likes using a site or app that makes users run around in circles just to get something done. This is why we make sure that we only ever recommend sites with designs that are easy to navigate and makes betting online as easy as possible.
Best Online Betting Sport Options
There are loads of different sports available to bet on at the online betting Australian sites. Some that have proven to be the most popular with our punters include the following:
- Basketball – whether it is the National Basketball League (NBL) or National Basketball Association (NBA), or any other basketball tournament around the world, our recommended online betting sites have got your number. They provide the largest range of basketball betting options to Aussie punters.
- AFL – Aussie rules football has been the most popular sport in the nation for the longest of time. It is no surprise that so many punters want to bet on the Grand Final and regular league games. Bet on any AFL game at the best-rated betting sites online.
- Cricket – cricket is arguably the second most important sport in Australia. When the national team plays, more than half the nation stops to watch. Bet on the gentlemen’s game anywhere you are with your mobile device.
- Rugby – whether you’re betting on a rugby league or rugby union games, there are loads of online betting options available to you. With so many different match-ups taking place at all times of the day, there is a fun time to be had at any hour.
- Tennis – tennis is known for providing spectators with nail-biting action inducing thrillers at the top-level of the competition. Tournaments such as the French Open, US Open and Australian Open are filled with insane games. And, they are all only made bet by placing a wager on them.
- Racing – MotoGP and Formula 1 are two major sporting codes in Australia, but they’re not the only ones available to bet on online. Avid racing fans can place good, old wagers on any sort of motorsport around the world at the click of button with the top-rated online betting sites.
Betting Website Bonuses
As previously mentioned, we do look at a site’s bonus scheme every time we review a new one. This following are some of the bonuses that are available at the online betting sites we recommend:
- Online Betting Deposit Bonus – these deals often work with a matching system. Basically, punters make a deposit and it is matched to a certain percentage. These are the most common types of welcome offers.
- No Deposit Bonus – these bonuses are seldomly found, but are generally provided to bettors just for signing up. They give punters free money to place a bet. It is usually at very high odds, but should the bettor win the bet, they’ll win a good sum of money.
- Loyalty Bonuses – these are bonuses provided to punters for being loyal to a betting site and placing a number of bets over a certain period of time, such as a daily, weekly or even monthly basis.
Online Betting in Australia FAQs
What is the best online betting site in Australia?
The best online betting for sports websites are the following:
- TAB Bet
What’s the best online betting app?
All of the above-mentioned websites offer Australians the best online betting apps available. The user interface is so easy to use and helps punters immediately realise the potential outcomes of their bets.
Is online betting illegal?
No, online betting is not illegal in Australia. The activity is made legal through the 2001 Interactive Gambling Act (IGA). Punters do need to make sure that they make use of an online betting site that is registered and regulated within their state though.
What bookies give the best odds?
All of the online betting for sports websites recommended on this site provide punters with absolutely amazing odds on multiple sporting events. Ultimately, we recommend that bettors shop around for the best online betting deals. The reason for this is that these sites offer different odds for the same event.
However, these sites have consistently proven to provide Aussie punters with best odds available for all your betting needs.
Do bookies always make money?
Not always. Bookies are unable to control the results of sporting events; thus, they are unable to predict whether or not they will make money off an event. Ultimately, what online betting sites in Australia try to do is limit the probability of them losing large amounts of cash. They do this by giving the favourite to win higher odds of winning, which means bettors will make less cash when selecting the side and thus fewer will want to select it too.
Unfavoured teams will have lower odds of winning, and thus payout much greater should they win, but it is highly unlikely that they will win to begin with.