eSports betting is the activity of placing a real money wager on a professional event. Esports fans correctly predict the outcome of the video game event are awarded a cash prize based on the odds they set the bet. In recent years, eSports betting has grown to become one of the most popular forms of sports betting across the globe.
Aussies love to place wagers on the world’s greatest players in top competitive video game titles, such as League of Legends, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Overwatch, Rocket League and more. With eSports betting Australia growing progressively more popular at the top sportsbooks, many are looking forward to video gaming.
If you’re one such punter, you’ve come to the right place as we’ve created the ultimate eSports betting guide. Here, you will get esports betting tips and odds for major tournaments.
Best eSports Betting Sites
Where to bet on eSports? These are licensed and regulated sites for gaming.
Best Lottery Service
Reliable Sports Betting Site
Competitive Odds for Sports Games
How to Bet on eSports
If you are unsure of what betting on eSports entails, we’ll explain them down below:
- Moneyline Bets – this is the most common form of betting and is available in pretty much all sports. Punters select a winner for a specific match. If their eSports prediction is correct, they are paid out.
- Totals – this bet is specific to the game it’s made on. Within regular sports betting, it refers to betting on the total score of the game. In an eSports setting, this may refer to betting on total kills, points or rounds. Punters bet over or under the amount specified by the sportsbooks.
- Handicap Betting – just as with other sports, the eSports betting website gives the underdog somewhat of an advantage to make eSports bets more interesting. For example, in a League of Legends matchup between Fnatic and Cloud9, a betting site might state they expect Cloud9 to win the match 3-0. This means that any bet made on Cloud9 will need the team to win by at least that margin if punters are to be paid out.
- Proposition Bets – these refer to specific bets about the occurrence of a specific aspect in the match. For example, if you’re betting on a Call of Duty match, betting on which team will get first blood or which player will get the most kills.
eSports Betting Tips
We can provide you with a few general eSports strategy here:
- Shop for Odds – before placing a wager on an eSports event, make sure to shop for odds. To make the most money, you need to place your bet with the sportsbook that offers the best odds.
- Watch Events – as already stated, eSports is a relatively new sporting code. As with all sports, to make successful bets, you’re going to have to know what’s going on in a tournament. Luckily, with free streaming services like Twitch and YouTube, it is easy to watch eSports events.
- Search for and Follow Tipsters – there are already eSports professionals out there who follow games rigorously to provide the best eSport betting We recommend following a few such tipsters to make better bets.
- Start with Small Bets – if you’re unsure about eSports betting tips or have never done it before, we recommend starting with small eSports bets until you find your footing in the hobby. This way you get to learn trends without wagering too much real money. Best eSports betting site tricks are there to make your betting experience a walk in the park.
Check Out Our Other eSports Pages
eSports Betting Odds
Get of current odds from eSports betting websites. Place a wager on eSports matchups or major events. You can wager on eSports in from a wide range of platforms. We’ve done an eSports betting odds comparison and listed new sites to help you out. The mentioned sportsbooks will give you exactly what you need.
eSports Betting Australia
How popular is esports betting? The popularity of eSports wagering has become big in the industry and is considered to be the fastest-growing branch of the entertainment industry in the world. Year-after-year, the world’s biggest gaming companies spend billions of dollars on well-know eSports betting games and gaming-related equipment to make esports even more popular. The revenues gained by video game publishers and developers often dwarfs that collected by movie studios and music producers.
More often than not, much of the excitement surrounding video games are driven by the social nature of the activity. In multiplayer games, people are actively able to partake in entertaining experiences in a social manner that is not always possible with film or music.
eSports is a natural extension of such experiences, and eSports betting a natural extension of that. Millions of people around the world watch eSports tournaments of the world’s most popular eSports games, and without a doubt many of those fans have felt the call to make these experiences even better by placing a cheeky wager on them. As with regular sports, online eSports betting just make events so much better.
Top 10 eSports Betting Major Tournaments
Explore the tournaments from the top 10 eSports list below:
1. OverwatchBetting – the Overwatch League has had a firm following in Australia since it was launched in 2016. It makes sense that Aussie sportsbooks would offer punters the chance to bet on the event then.
2. FIFA –Soccer is one of the most loved sports around the world and FIFA is for fans that enjoy the game. The video game has been popular since its released in 2004.
3. Starcraft– a real-time strategy classic that has spurned many professional tournaments over the years. It has also in that time provided punters with great opportunities to win eSport bets.
4. League of Legends (LoL) – the League of Legends World Championships draws in millions of viewers across the world each year. Hundreds of thousands of bets are placed on the event each year.
5. CSGO eSports Betting– this popular first-person situational game seen the creation of many wonderful tournaments since it was released in 2012. Bettors who love the game can bet on it at any top sportsbook.
6. Call of Duty Betting – the world’s most popular first-person shooter series has been a firm favourite for avid eSports bettors for years. Bet on the Call of Duty World League, which sees the world’s best showcase their skills.
7. Fortnite – since being launched in 2017, Fortnite has grown to become a massive part of modern popular culture. Arguments are rife about who is the world’s best player. Are you willing to wager on your pick?
8. Dota 2– although not as popular as LoL, Dota 2 The International still provides you with ample opportunities to place bets.
9. Apex Legends– the new kid on the battle royale block has been raising heads with regards to increasing popularity. With large player numbers comes tournaments to determine who is the world’s best player.
10. Hearthstone– Blizzard’s popular card game has garnered a huge following around the world since being launched in 2014. Despite declining player numbers, professional events still provide wonderful betting options.
eSports Betting FAQs
Is esports betting legal?
Yes. It is legal to bet on eSports in Australia. The form of betting falls underneath the Interactive Gambling Act 2001, which allows for online sports betting.
Is esports betting profitable?
Yes, esports can be profitable depending on how serious you are about gaming. It means you will have to invest in esports betting tips and bet more often.
How does esports betting work?
To get into eSports you need to:
- Select an event to start focusing on.
- Research the game.
- Use expert eSports tips
- Check out the odds.
- Place your bets at credible sportsbooks.
What are the best sites for esports betting?
Listed below are leading sportsbooks in eSports:
- William Hill
Can I always win at esports betting?
You need to know that you are not always doing to win bets but you can increase your chances of winning by implementing a strategy.
What is the biggest game in eSports?
Dota 2 is an eSports game that has the highest earning margin of almost AU$ 60 million.
Who is the highest-paid pro gamer?
The highest-paid professional gamer in Dota 2 is Kuro KuroKy Takhasomi with AU$4.23 million in a prize-winning.
Is eSports betting safe?
Yes. eSports betting is safe when you use a fully licensed and regulated bookie.
What is the best esports betting app? There are many websites that offer esports on their apps such as the sportsbook list on our table.