AFL Betting Guide 2019
Australian Football League betting (also knowna as AFL betting) options are exceedingly common at online sportsbooks. With the sporting league being the most watched in the nation, it only makes sense that AFL betting would be extremely popular with Aussie sports punters. Betting on the sport has almost grown into a national pastime itself. Placing a bets on games simply ups the ante, and makes watching games so much more exciting.
Thus, we’ve created the ultimate AFL betting guide. Here bettors will find all the best AFL betting odds, tips, and bets. Visit one of our recommended sites and place bets on AFL games with great odds today!
Best Footy Betting Sites
These bookies provide Australian punters with the best AFL betting odds. It doesn’t matter whether bettors want to place a wager on the Grand Final or simple league games, they will have the best time here. They also provide AFL live odds:
AFL Betting Guide Contents
- Best Footy Betting Sites
- How to Bet on the AFL
- AFL Grand Final Betting Odds 2019
- AFL Betting 2019 Strategies
- Latest AFL Odds
- AFL Betting Tips
How to Bet on the AFL
Aussie punters looking to place a cheeky wager on the AFL can do so in the following manners:
- AFL Line Betting Explained – these bets are extremely popular at Aussie sportsbooks. Basically, the bookie sets an AFL betting line for a particular team to win by. Players can then bet on the favoured team or underdog to win the match. If bettors wager on the favoured team, the side will need to overcome a particular handicap. For example, if Richmond play Carlton, a betting line may read Richmond +15.5. This means that Richmond needs to win by more than 15 points for any bet placed on them to payout.
- Futures – these are outright bets on who will win the AFL Grand Final. AFL futures can be placed at any time of the season and generally tend to payout more due to it being so hard to predict who the eventual winner of the league will be at the end of the season.
- AFL Wooden Spoon Betting – sports betting is not always about predicting who will win a league’s biggest prize. Punters are also able to bet on the AFL’s Wooden Spoon award customarily given to the team who finishes last in the league. Be on the look out for updated AFL betting odds Wooden Spoon updates as the season progresses.
- AFL Brownlow Betting – the Brownlow Medal is awarded to the best player in the AFL each season. Bettors monitor the performances of key players throughout the season and then place a bet on the player they feel will win the prestigious award. With so many great players in the league, it is difficult wager to guess correctly.
- Totals – these are the bets made on the total score of a game. Also known as over/under bets, players attempt to predict whether the final score of game will exceed a specific number or come in below it.
AFL Grand Final Betting Odds 2019
The AFL Grand Final is the biggest event on the Australian sporting calendar. It is also a big day at AFL sports books, all of which aim to provide punters with best possible odds as well as a wide range of betting options.
With the season due to start up again in April, there aren’t in real predictions that can be made at this moment. Rest assured though that in preparation of the beginning of the season, popular sports books will have a wide range of bets for punters to make. Including loads of different props.
In 2019, the AFL Grand Final will be played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on 28 September. For the best AFL Grand Final betting odds, be sure to visit one of our recommend sports betting sites, where punters will be given the opportunity to win big.Check Out Our Other Footy Pages
AFL Betting 2019 Strategies
There are so many betting strategies Aussies can use when betting on the AFL. While those mentioned below may be a bit general, we recommend that punters always keep them in mind when betting on a game:
- Shop Around for Odds – the one thing it is always important to remember with sports betting is to shop around for odds. While most sites will probably set the same team to be a favourite, often they’ll give them different odds to win. You’re only doing yourself in by not looking for the site offering the best odds for a particular matchup.
- Weather Conditions are Important – punters need to pay attention to weather when betting on an AFL game as it drastically impacts the playstyle of teams. In general, we don’t recommend making totals if the weather is predicted to be bad for a particular game due to this fact.
- Manage Your Bankroll Efficiently – it is always important to note that every season will be filled with sports bets that result in wins and losses. Punters need to budget for this. If you set a betting limit for a season, don’t spend your entire bankroll on a single match. Also, never ever chase losses. If you can’t accept that some bets aren’t going to be winners, then you probably shouldn’t be betting in the first place.
- Make Your Own Market – don’t always work on a sports betting site’s odds to determine which teams are favourites and which are losers. Ultimately, having a look at the stats and team performances yourself can also lead you to making amazing bets that you would’ve missed had you strictly paid attention to bookie odds.
Latest AFL Odds
It is important to note that footy odds change as the season progresses and it becomes clear which sides are favoured to appear in the Grand Final. We do our best to keep track of the everchanging odds and recommend the side with best AFL footy betting odds for every stage of the league.
The aim of our guide is to provide with the latest football odds for every type of bet, including match results, outrights, props and totals. It doesn’t matter what bet you’d like to make, we’ve got you covered with the sites with greatest AFL betting odds 2019 and the best payouts.
For more news on the sites with the best AFL footy odds, be sure to have a look at our blog.
AFL Betting Tips
There are a few general AFL footy betting tips we can give players without having a look at the league table. We’ve outlined them down below:
- As with any sport you would like to bet on, it is important to do your research and keep up to date with the latest happenings in the AFL before you place a bet. This way you will find learn the mitigating factors that affect the outcome of a game, and thereby become better at predicting results. It is also important to note that AFL results tend to be somewhat more unpredictable than other sports, making it even more important to do your research on the sport.
- Try to bet on big matchups, for example, the Western Derby or the ANZAC Day game, which often have unpredictable results. In these games, it often really doesn’t matter where a team is placed on the table as the emotionally-charged rivalry between the two teams often leads to rather unpredictable results.
For more specialised tips on the current happenings of the league, be sure to have a look at our blog, where we update punters on the most current betting tips. We also provide an AFL tipping odds comparison of the sites we have recommend here on AUSportsBetting.org.