American Express sports betting sites aren’t all that easy to find in Australia. This is particularly true when one takes into account the fact that most sportsbooks allow punters to use their Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards to make deposits and withdrawals. That stated, there are still a lot of Aussie punters who would like to use this banking option to fund their sports betting pursuits.
If you are one such bettor and would like to learn more about online betting sites that accept AMEX, you have come to the right place. Below we detail all you need to know about using your American Express to make deposits and withdrawals at sports betting sites. So, read on to learn more!
Best Sports Gambling Sites that Take American Express 2020
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals Using AMEX
If you would like to begin gambling online with Amex, but you are unsure of how to get started, we’ve got a deposit guide down below. Read through it and you’ll be good to begin making deposits at your favourite sports betting sites in no time!
- Step 1 – Sign up at an online sports betting site that accepts American Express. Navigate to the sportsbook’s banking section and you should find a load of possible banking options. Select the AMEX option.
- Step 2 – Select the amount you would like to deposit into your account. You will then be prompted to add your card details to complete the transaction. This could include you name, the card expiry date, the number on the front of the card and the CVV.
- Step 3 – You may have to enter a security number to ensure that you are the one making the transaction. After you have done this, you will then most likely get a notification from both your financial services provider and the sportsbook stating that you have made a successful transaction.
- Step 4 – Begin placing bets on your favourite sports online!
Making withdrawals with a credit card isn’t always possible at Australian online sportsbooks. However, if on the off chance some site does give you the chance to make withdrawals using this banking method. You will just need to follow the first two steps of making a deposit. You will probably will also be required to provide proof that your deposits were made using that same card as well as proof of residence information. It may take two to five days for your funds to reach you.
Advantages of AMEX Sports Betting
Now, if you’re looking for reasons you should bet using your trusty American Express card at top Australian online betting sites, we’ve got a few good ones for you. Below are some of the advantages of using Amex for all your banking needs at Aussie sports betting sites:
- Instant Deposits – as with any deposit made through a debit or credit card, the transaction is processed instantly. This means you can instantly begin betting on your favourite sports without delay.
- High Deposit Limits – in general, all card banking options tend to have higher deposit limits than their e-wallet counterparts. Punters may have to double-check to see if this is the case at the sportsbook they are playing at.
- Security – Amex has been around for a long time and is a trusted financial services provider. Thus, Australian punters can be sure that the card issuer is providing them with some of the safest services and that their cards are not easy to hack.
- Convenience – there is almost no hassle when using an Amex card to make an online transaction. All you have to do is whip out your card, enter your details in the provided spaces and your transaction will be ready to go. There is no extended process of logging into other sites to verify the transaction, as may be the case with e-wallets and bank transfers. Also, as we previously mentioned, these American Express deposits are read instantly.
- Higher Credit Limits – Amex credit cards often offer higher credit limits than those offered by other brands. We must stress that we do not believe that you should exceed limits you can afford to pay off.
Disadvantages of American Express Betting Sites
Unfortunately, there are some drawbacks associated with using your American Express card at top sportsbooks in Australia. (If there weren’t any, our deposits page would solely state that you should use this banking method.) Here are a few to keep in mind when placing sports bets online:
- One of the biggest drawbacks of this payment method is that it quite hard to find sports betting sites that accept American Express. While pretty much any sportsbook offers punters the chance to make deposits using their Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards, there are only a select few that accept AMEX. This is going to be quite an issue if this is your primary banking method.
- With every card transaction you make with any of your debit or credit cards be it AMEX or any other brand, you can expect that there will be some transaction fees to pay. While this may not be a lot of money, we will say that the fees add up after a while if you make a lot of deposits on a regular basis.
- With how easy it is to make deposits, it is quite easy to get carried away when gambling online with your Amex card. Remember that you should only gamble with money you can afford to lose. If it gets too tempting to make extra deposits with your credit card with money you don not currently have, you need to move away from using this banking option or even consider self-exclusion.