Basketball rules are for Aussies who want to bet on basketball action. All games need to start on a scheduled date to enable Aussies to wager. Basketball rules are need for a hugely profitable market which is growing to be the next big sport in Australian. Basketball rules are vital as the sport moves up the ranks and Aussies who have an idea of how sports betting works are seen to be occasionally participating in basketball bets. Understanding the basic basketball rules before deciding to bet on the sport is vital. It made sense for us to combine the game rules with some sports betting tips on basketball.
Wouldn’t you agree that every sport is best appreciated when the rules are clear? Therefore, basketball rules are no different. In fact, the basketball rules of the game are simple to grasp. Ensure that you’re on the right side with basketball betting rules. You don’t want to find yourself losing out on wager because you don’t know the procedure. It’s in your best interest to carry on reading.
Best Basketball Betting Sites
Rules of Basketball
Basketball rules simple; you always have to bounce the ball after a step. The team that scores more points than its opponent simply wins the game. Teams will stand on two sides; the home team on the left and away team on the right. These are the basic basketball rules that you must know:
- Both teams have five players on the basketball court. Substitutions can be made as many times as the team wishes in the game.
- The ball can be dribbled or passed. If a player puts two hands on the ball, they can’t dribble or move with it, it must be passed.
- When a ball enters a team’s half and they win possession back, the ball needs to make it back over the halfway line within ten seconds.
- Twenty four seconds is given to both teams to shoot at the basket. A team is penalized and have to give possession away if the 24 second runs out without them attempting a shot at the basket. The clock is then restarted over with the possession surrendered to the opposing team.
- The offense is what we call the team trying to score the ball and the respective team is called the defense.
- After a goal, the ball is given to the opposite team.
- Throughout the game, there might be fouls that are collected. The player fouled will take an uninterrupted shot. Throw depend on where the foul happened on the court
- It’s against the rules to double dribble, traveling, tripping, elbowing among other attacks (basketball terms which you can look up on the internet)
Basketball Betting Rules
Once you’re confident about the basic basketball rules, you can move onto betting rules. Settle the score with basketball rules of the game as you’re about to wager. Run your eyes past the below common bets:
- Handicap – prize winner will be given their earnings based on the total score with handicap value. Overtime will not be considered. Over is doesn’t count.
- Total Margin – this counts in regular game time where bets will be rectified depending on the total score by both teams. This excludes overtime.
- Point Spread – bets resolved based on the total with the handicap value. This also includes overtime.
- Over/Under – winning this bet means both game result and under/over options needs to be predicted correctly.
- Total Teams – the total game points gained by both teams in usual and overtime will settle the bet.
Sometimes matches are not concluded in a tie but overtime is granted for qualification reasons. In this case, the markets will be solved according to the game score in the end (usual time).
If the game is postponed and doesn’t continue in 48 hours, bets won already will be paid and other bets are then multiplied by 1.00 and fees returned to customers account.