Basketball betting is extremely popular in Australia. Basketball betting refers to the action of placing a wager on a professional or semi-professional basketball matchup. With the sport being rather admired globally punters can place a wager on matches in well-known leagues, such as the NBA or the EuroLeague. James Naismith in 1981 is said to have started basketball. It’s interesting to know that the sport was initially played with a soccer ball and the game has changed since that time.
Most punters prefer to place bets on games in the United States’ National Basketball Association (NBA) league. However, there are other options in the form of famed Australian and European leagues. The sport has garnered a large following down under as significant tournaments take place in between the AFL and NRL seasons. This means that there is time to spare for these sports. On this ultimate sports betting guide, punters will find the best basketball betting tips and sites So, read on and learn all you need to know about basketball betting.
Best Basketball Betting Sites
How to Bet on Basketball – Basketball Betting Lines Explained
These are the most common basketball betting lines available at popular sportsbooks in Australia. They’re available when betting on all the biggest leagues in the world, including the NBA, NBL and EuroBasket, among others.
- Head to Head Betting – these are bets made on the overall winner of a singular match. For example, picking the winner in a game between the New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Line/Spread Betting – these bets place a handicap on a favoured team to make things a little more interesting for the bettor. In these situations, a basketball betting line could read: Sydney Kings (-10) vs Perth Wildcats. This means that the Kings are expected to win a match up by more than ten points. If punters select the Kings to win, they will need to win by 10 or more points for the bet to payout. A bet on the Wildcats will payout if the team loses by less than ten points. This is largely basketball handicap betting explained.
- Futures – these are outright bets made by selecting who is going to win a tournament. For example, betting on the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA Championship long before the playoff season even begins.
- Totals – these wagers concern the overall score of a match up. For example, punters can bet on whether a match between Melbourne United and the Brisbane Bullets will exceed 120 points. These bets are also known as over under wagers.
- Props – these are bets made on specific events taking place in a matchup. For example, in a Sydney Kings game, this could mean betting on Andrew Bogut to score first or to get the most rebounds in the matchup.
Basketball Betting App
When you want to download a basketball betting app, conder the below points:
- Check out the forms of wagers the site offers – the best applications for the sport have different bets that you can take a swing at.
- Stream through the app – It’s great if the bookmaker allows you to stream matches via the app. In-game betting is what you should take advantage of as the game progresses.
- User-friendly – whichever app you decide to download must be easy to navigate and be attractive for you to simply make bets.
Top Basketball Tournaments to Bet On
At the Summer Games in Berlin in 1936, the sports became an Olympic tournament. Today, different events take place If you’re looking for some top basketball tournaments to bet on, the competitions below will have you sorted:
- NBA – the NBA in the United States’ premier basketball tournament and is widely considered to be the most popular league in the sport. The league sees the best athletes in the sport go up against each other in some of the game’s most exciting matches ever seen. There are a wide range of betting options available to punters set on betting on the NBA. Perhaps, an outright bet on the NBA Championship may prove to be life-changing for you?
- NBL – the primary basketball league in Australia and New Zealand, the National Basketball League (NBL) sees the top teams down south go head to head with one another. While the league is still growing to include more teams, it still draws many spectators and even more wagers.
- EuroLeague – the EuroLeague is the biggest club basketball competition in Europe. Similar in style to the UEFA Champion’s League, it seems Europe’s champion club teams go up against each other to determine which is the best on the continent. (Ironically, Real Madrid is also the most successful team in this competition.)
- NCAA Basketball – university basketball games in the United States are also quite popular betting options with fans of the sport. These matchups often showcase rising stars in the sport and let avid basketball bettors get ahead with which players may go on to grow into game-changing athletes in future. The results of these games also tend to be somewhat easier to predict than NBA or NBL match ups.
Check Out Our Other Basketball Betting Pages
Basketball Betting Strategies – Basketball Betting Tips
With our top basketball betting tips and strategies, Australian punters will soon be seeing heavy profits from their bets. Always keep the following basketball betting advice in mind when placing a cheeky wager:
- Shop Around for Odds – not all sportsbooks offer the same basketball betting odds on the same matches. In order to make the most profit possible from a single wager, it is important to shop around for the best odds before placing it.
- Home Court Advantage – sportsbooks will usually peg home teams to do better in home games, but this is doubly true for basketball games (particularly, in the NBA.) We urge you to take this fact into consideration when making a wager on the sport.
- Team Research – before placing a wager, research the teams involved in the match you would like to place a wager on. If one team has been plagued by injuries or is on a severe losing streak, you might not want to risk placing a wager on them. Alternatively, the opposing side could have a very bad losing streak against the team and that may sway your opinion. It really doesn’t matter what the situation is, to make the best bets, punters must do their research.
- Watch Games – if you want to bet on basketball, you will at the very least need to make sure that you bet on a league you like to watch. This is the best way to keep tabs of what is going on in a sport.
Basketball Betting FAQs
How do you bet on basketball?
Betting on the sport requires punters to choose a team they want to bet on and the type of wager. You would then need to place the bet via a sportsbook.
How does money line work in basketball?
A moneyline bet is a wager that you have to do with who you assume will win the basketball match.
Where can I bet on basketball games?
The best basketball betting sites:
How do you win a NBA bet?
- Place bets on teams you already know
- Select any of the best bookmakers
- Decide on the form of bet
- Make bets when there is value in odds.
- Record the results and follow the next game.
What is winning the margin in basketball?
Margin betting is making a bet on the number of goals you guess the winning squad will get. The team must win the game with 4 goals if you bet on winning margin.
What is the 1st half in basketball?
The first half total is points scored in the 1st half and the 2nd quarter put together.