Super Rugby betting is a fun pastime that many Australian rugby fans like to engage in from time-to-time. Especially, as it is based on a rugby union tournament that is so exciting to watch already.
With so many Aussies looking to get in on the action, we have created the ultimate Super Rugby betting guide down below. It includes all the top rugby sportsbooks with the best odds and bets, as well as the latest tips and tricks. So, read on to find out more.
Best Super Rugby Betting Sites 2020
Super Rugby Betting Guide Contents
- Best Super Rugby Betting Sites 2020
- How to Bet on Super Rugby
- Super Rugby Odds
- Super Rugby Betting Tips & Tricks
- Last 10 Super Rugby Winners
How to Bet on Super Rugby
Super Rugby betting is pretty easy to understand and follow. If you’re wondering what sort of rugby bets you can make at the top sportsbooks, we’ve listed the most popular below:
- Head-to-Heads – bettors select a winner for a singular match. All they have to do is predict who will win the game or if it will result in a draw (which almost never does.)
- Handicap Bets – these are bets made on one team to win the game by a particular margin. Basically, sportsbooks will select a favourite. Punters will only win any handicap made on a favourite if the team is able to overcome it. Punters who bet on the underdog win the bet if the opposing force fails to reach the bet upon margin.
- Totals – punters attempt to predict the final combined score of the game with these bets. Rugby generally tends to be a high scoring game, which makes these wagers quite exciting but unpredictable too.
- Double Chance – punters can bet on two possible outcomes with these bets. While the odds provided to players are lower, the chances of a bet being successful is higher.
Super Rugby Odds
Super Rugby betting odds are pretty hard to predict due to the number of different factors involved in determining the outcome. While most sportsbooks generally tend to look at the same sort of factors, most will provide different odds for the same game even if by a singular decimal point. It is for this reason we implore our bettors to shop around for odds.
As just mentioned, odds will be displayed using decimal figures as Australian sportsbooks commonly use the decimal format. For example, odds on a match up between the Crusaders and Chiefs will be shown in the following manner:
Super Rugby Betting Tips & Tricks
If you’re looking for some good Super Rugby betting advice, the below tips should have you seeing a higher win rate in your betting streak in no time:
- Home Advantage is Real – remember that the Super Rugby Championship is contested by teams located in countries that are quite geographically distant from one another. If the Waratahs have to play a game against the Stormers in Cape Town, you can be sure they are going to struggle a bit. This is especially true if the match is at the beginning of a South African Tour and players still need to acclimatise to time differences and so on.
- Weather is Important – pay attention to the weather conditions expected for a match. Some teams are better at playing in the wind and rain, whereas others may struggle to find their footing. Make sure that you understand the general conditions a team is used to playing in before you place a bet.
- Don’t Count Out the Crusaders – the Christchurch Crusaders are known for being the most successful team in the Super Rugby Championship. With the team having claimed nine titles over the last twenty or so years, punters can count on the fact that they are always going to perform well in the tournament.
- Homegrown Favourites – if you’re looking at avoiding reason and backing a homegrown side, we recommend that you stick with the Waratahs. In the team’s history, they have appeared in the final three times, going on two win it once in 2014. No other Australia side has been as successful.
Last 10 Super Rugby Winners
These are the last ten Super Rugby Championship winners. It is important to pay attention to the fact that teams seem to win a couple of times in a row before a new team is lucky enough to win the tournament.