Greatest NASCAR Drivers AU
Ask Australians who like betting on NASCAR who the greatest NASCAR drivers are and they will give you names. Whether it is old drivers who left a trail on the racetrack for the new ones, these greatest NASCAR drivers are not short of exceptional. NASCAR fans will tell you that they have their own ideal greatest NASCAR drivers for different reasons. Some prefer to go back while others have their bets attached on the new greatest NASCAR drivers. Either ways, we have more reason to rank the greatest NASCAR drivers. Others like one of the greatest NASCAR drivers because their exotic cars or personal reasons.
The greatest NASCAR drivers; are divided equally into two groups consisting of the old and new greatest NASCAR drivers. Each driver has his own flair and we give you brief information about their race career. Without further delay, let’s give the greatest NASCAR drivers a standing ovation that highlights their dedicated life on the race track. Have a look below and see if you recognize some of these legendary motorsport names.
Best AU NASCAR Betting Sites
There are so many sports betting sites that allow punters to bet on NASCAR online. We suggest that punters use a trusted site like the ones we’ve recommended below.
NASCAR Greatest Drivers Betting Guide Contents
Top 5 NASCAR Drivers of All Time
The top NASCAR drivers have a rich history but we tried to keep it short. Below you’ll find our list of the greatest NASCAR drivers in history:
- Richard Petty – he was referred to as the king and has been in the game for thirty five years, stepping on the competition with two hundred wins. In one season, he was the only driver to win the twenty seven races. He took the Daytona 500 seven times. Long live the king of NASCAR!
- Dale Earnhardt Sr. – a driver who was called the intimidator in his entire career, won the Winston Cup races seventy six times. In 2001, his life was cut short in a three car accident while racing.
- Jimmy Johnson – talk about the most hated man in racing! One can deny his skill on the track even though he has an arrogant attitude. He has the most records when it comes to playoff appearances (fourteen and still counting). He holds the most wins at a five track.
- Jeff Gordon - he has the highest wins in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Pocono Raceway and Sonoma Raceway. He won the Sprint Cup champion four times and the Daytona three times.
- David Pearson – he is popular for giving Richard Petty a hard time. In his first season, he won the NASCAR Rookie of the year award. He won three championships in 1966, two years later and a year later. His consistent greatness was highlighted in his 1974 season.
Great NASCAR Drivers of Our Time
Have a look at the greatest NASCAR drivers flying the flag high in the new era:
- Kyle Busch – he is the younger brother of Kurt Busch who won the Nacar Nextel Cup Series in 2004. His records include the most race wins in a season over the top three NASCAR series. At the tender age of nineteen, he was the youngest pole winner in a Cup Series race at California Speedway. Also, the youngest to be counted in for the Chase of the Sprint Cup. He became the first driver to win a championship in a Toyota in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- Kevin Harvick - he is a full-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series racer. One of the races who can be mentioned as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion. He has won the Xfinity Series twice. Kevin Harvick has won the Winston West Series title.
- Martin Truex, Jr – he is a regular Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Driver. The Monster Energy Cup Series has been won twice by Martin Truex. He is the older brother to Ryan Truex and has a cousin named Curtis who both have racing careers.
- Matt Kenseth - as a part-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver, he stopped racing full time after the 2017 season. He won the track championships at the Slinger Super Speedway, Madison International Speedway and Wisconsin International Raceway
- Jimmie Johnson – at the age of four, he began racing a motorcycle which was a spark in his race career. His first Cup Series championship was won in 2006. There were more win in from 2007 until 2010, making him the only driver to do so in NASCAR history.