ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Teams, Odds and Tips
There’s never been a better time for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup to showcase their talent on the world stage. The competition kicks off with Australia v India, but before that, we cover other teams who will participate in the tournament. We also have the latest preview and betting odds for the cricket matches. It may be early but it’s never too late for a bet. The cricket matches will take place in Australia from 21 February to 8 March 2020.
As the defending champions, Australia will host the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup. Aussies will play against India in Sydney and Ausportsbetting.org has the best Australia v India odds. The team had their last victory against England in the 2018 final. There will be ten teams that will represent their country in the event. Don’t know what to expect from the teams? Here, you will find all you need to know!
Teams: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020
Below is a brief discussion about the teams in the group stages.
- Australia – the squad is undeniably the favourites for their upcoming cricket match. We expect nothing but the best from the queens. Playing the game on the home ground makes the match even better for them. The Aussies are in good form and won nine T20 Internationals back in 2019. The Big Bash League recently showcased the ladies’ talent which makes the country proud.
- India – fell short in the semi-final but started the 2018 event in good form. Many people are asking themselves if the team will be consistent after a whitewash loss to New Zealand and England. The squad restored their confidence by winning a dominant series against SA and West Indies.
- New Zealand – the team enters the tournament in great form. Since the last World Cup, New Zealand competed in one T20i series. Sophie Devine is a star player for the squad.
- Sri Lanka – Sri Lanka hasn’t performed well and automatically made it to the tournament. The squad was whitewashed in three series since their previous World Cup. With three defeats in Australia, the team needs to aim to win against Bangladesh to remain in the top 8.
- Bangladesh – in their last series against Pakistan, the team fell short in all three WT20i games. However, they were victorious in one of the ODI matches.
- Thailand – we see the squad aim to make a debut on Australian soil. Thailand won against Sri Lanka in 2018 at the Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup. The team has shown many that they are here to make an impact in world cricket. With five games in the bag out of six against Ireland and Scotland, the team is in excellent form for the World T20 qualifier.
- South Africa – SA will put up a fight and should not be taken for granted. The squad will be fierce competition and have a great opportunity to enter the finals in this tournament. South Africa will need to beat West Indies and are one position below them in world rankings currently.
- Pakistan – in their latest WT20i series Pakistan were defeated 3-0 to England. The squad is on the 7th spot at the world rankings. Pakistan will rely on its experienced players to push them up the ladder in the tournament.
- England – sadly, England has lost to Australia every time but have been runner ups in three of the previous tournaments. The team is one of the best in the world but haven’t had any luck with Australia. The 2019 Women’s Ashes results might repeat themselves. However, Sophie Ecclestone and Heather Knight are sure to make the team proud.
- West Indies –the team are 2016 winners and semi-finals in the previous five events. West Indies are contenders to look out for in the competition. In their last three bilateral series, the team has fallen in world rankings after they lost to Australia, India, and England.
Ahead of the ICC Women’s T20 Cup – Captains
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Preview
We stand up for all the teams who will be playing in the Women’s T20. Female professionals in the world of cricket continue to make their mark. We can’t overlook the fact that Australia has won four titles in the T20 World Cup and England were runner ups three times.
This week’s cricket match odds are mentioned below:
21 February 2020 (Friday)
- Australia Women – 1.27
- India Women – 3.80
22 February (Saturday)
- West Indies Women – 1.01
- Thailand Women – 17.00
Ausportsbetting.org has the best odds to compare. We’ll be following the schedule and cover the latest cricket and sports news.