Puck line betting is used for only one sport which is ice hockey. Australians can make puck line bets at any time. Our credible sportsbooks are there so punters can bet on big leagues like the National Hockey League (NHL). The point spread is used for underdogs and favourite teams. How does puck line betting work? It simply means that the odds change to the point spread and adjust based on the strength of the favoured team and the weakness of the underdog. Most hockey fans have some knowledge about puck line betting.
If you don’t know much and how to calculate the lines but are keen on learning, we have you covered in our AUS guide down below. We will explore what the pros and cons of such bets are. The best way to see which team is likely to win is for you to be able to calculate puck lines. Moreover, we provide hockey bettors strategies that are useful. More details about how to make this wager at sports betting sites follows bellow.
Top Puck Line Betting Sites
Best Lottery Service
Reliable Sports Betting Site
Competitive Odds for Sports Games
How NHL Puck Line Betting Works
The puck line in hockey is placed at +1.5 or -1.5. The + is for the underdog while the – is for the favourite. This means you add the stated amount to the underdog goals and subtract it from the favourite. Let’s say for example we have two teams; Tampa Bay Lightning has a total score of 4 vs. Detroit Red Wings has a total score of 9. Remember that the puck line spread is always 1.5.
- Tampa Bay Lightning (-4+1.5 =5.5)
- Detroit Red Wings (-9-1.5=7.5)
All that we did in the above example in our guide is ad 1.5 to the underdog and subtracted the same amount for the favourite. As you can see your puck line bet on Detroit Red Wings is still more than the Tampa Bay Lightning which means the team still wins.
Best Australia Puck Line Betting Strategy
The NHL usually has tight matches that occur between great and worse teams. Puck lines allow punters to wager on a certain club with or in opposition a spread. It’s a matter of being able to use such lines and you’ll have a good betting strategy.
- Find Games – firstly, players have to find several games to bet on. This involves looking at the matchup and choosing which one has value in wagering puck lines.
- Timing is Important – they will be times when wagering a puck line makes more sense than making the moneyline or totals wager on a hockey game. If the favourite in a match is obvious then a puck line wager could possibly earn players some profit.
- Travel Schedule – the more you research about the team the better. It is important to be up to date with the schedule of the team. Where will they be playing their games throughout the season? If you already know the answer the question that means you’re on the right track. The travel schedule affects the team’s chances of winning.
- Evaluate Line Shifts – the moneyline doesn’t stand still and is bound to move up and down prior to a game. Players will have to look prior wagering on puck line the shift in the moneyline.
- Line Shopping – visit multiple wagering sites and find out which one has the value bet. We recommend that you start right with our credible betting sites.
AUS Best Puck Line Betting NHL – Puck Line Betting Payout
NHL Puck Line is almost the same as a wager on a spread in the NFL or NBA match. Ice Hockey might not be as big as the mentioned sports but hockey puck line bets can payout pretty well compared to NBA or NFL.
Best NHL Puck Line Betting Tips Australia
With Hockey in the scene, puck lines have become famous. The sport is a great option for moneyline bets and can be an awesome wager when used in the correct sport. The underdogs will have a steeper moneyline odds when it comes to puck lines because such wagers a certain of a win should the match run overtime. The favourite needs to win the hockey game by two goals that make a puck line bet on an underdog a winner.
Puck Line Hockey Australia FAQs
What is puck line betting?
Puck line betting in the NHL is a point spread with the odds of +/-1.5. This method balances both hockey teams.
What does the +1.5 puck line stand for?
Hockey matches don’t score high so a puck line is a combination of a point spread and a moneyline bet.
Does puck line include overtime?
If you bet the underdog to score one goal then the puck line is the perfect bet. Should the NHL game be a tie and overtime happen that means your fate is decided because the line is at 1.5 goals.
What does a three-way puck line mean?
A three-way puck line is like the moneyline with the exception of overtime and shootout play is not there.
What is the difference between puck line and money line?
The money line needs punters to select a team to win outright. Puck line depends on goals that are scored and not wins and losses.
How do puck line bets work?
Puck line betting means that you wager on the favourite at -1.5 to be victorious by scoring two goals or the least favourite at +1.5 to lose by one goal or win outright
Check Out Our Other Sports Betting Guides
- Betting Odds
- Big Game Prop Bets
- Biggest Challenges in Betting
- Bracket Predictions Explained
- Comparing Odds and Line Shopping
- Finding Value in Betting Odds
- For and Against
- Line Betting
- Moneyline Vs Point Spreads
- Multi Bets
- Over Unders
- Optimising Your Selection Process
- Teasers and Pleasers
- Understanding Odds