Golf betting is a form of sports betting that many Australians love to engage in. This is due to the fact that the sport allows for so many different spread betting wagers that aren’t really available in other sports. Bets aren’t limited to the normal moneyline, totals or futures that are available in pretty much every other sport, but rather there are so many unique bets that can be made. With so many golf tournaments around the world like the US Open, Masters, PGA Championship and Open Championship punters have endless betting opportunities. It’s also vital for punters to do a golf betting odds comparison. We’ve listed top-rated sportsbooks that you can look at.
Aussies who love sports betting really need to look into betting on the gentlemen’s sport too. It is for this reason we have created the ultimate golf betting guide. Here punters will learn how to bet on golf and how to bet well with our top golf betting tips right here.
Top Golf Betting Sites
How to Bet on Golf
If you’re looking for what sort of golf betting lines you’ll come across at sportsbooks in Australia, here is a helpful guide:
- To Win Bets – such bets are simple bets that are comparable to moneyline bets in team sports. Basically, the punter must predict who will win a specific day during a golf tournament. For example, if the US Masters is taking place, you may bet that Justin Rose is going to win Day 3.
- Head-to-Heads – the described wagers two golfers up against each other. For example, a punter picks Justin Thomas in a head-to-head bet against Jason Day. This means no matter what happens in the tournament, Justin Thomas must finish ahead of Jason Day in order for the best to be paid out. These bets can be made for a singular round or the entire tournament.
- Versus the Field Bets – these bets are usually only available towards the end of a tournament. If one golfer takes a big lead, players can bet that anyone but that player will win the tournament in question.
- Futures – are generally just predictions about who may win a particular tournament long before the tournament results are decided. For example, you could bet on Dustin Johnson to win the PGA Championship on the first day of the tournament. A lot of punters enjoy these bets as they provide good odds. They may be difficult to predict though/
- Props – this is a number of different bets that don’t really affect the outcome of a tournament. Some examples of such bets include how many birdies a player will score, whether or not the player who wins will be under or over the age of 35 or whether there will be any hole-in-ones on a specific day.
Golf Betting Odds
Golf betting odds like with any sports needs punters to do a comparison between established sites. Golf betting will have favourite players and underdogs that punters can bet on. Golf players can be the least favourite one week to be the most loved the next. More than 140 players participate in a tournament. Therefore, punters who are activity into wagering on the sports need to have their eyes on golf odds. There are also different wagers on golf that punters can select from. Odds shopping can be a fun activity!
Golf Betting Tips
Golf may seem like a hard sport to be on for punters who have never done it before. However, this is not true. If bettors keep the following golf betting systems and tips in mind, they will be sure to place more successful bets. Here’s what our golf betting expert had to say:
- Weather is Important – like in cricket, weather plays an integral role in the outcome of a match. Pay attention to wind conditions as well as hints of a storm taking place. Ultimately, you do not want to be left in a situation where you’ve placed a bet on a day and that day is unfortunately rained out.
- Research Players – it is important to note that some players are better at playing on some courses that allow them to play to their strengths. Thus, analyse the game of some players and adjust your bets accordingly. For example, Phil Mickelson has been known to be a good performer in the US Masters due to the design of the Augusta National course. It allows him to make use of his strong swing. Ultimately, these are some of the facts you want to pay attention to.
- Odds Shopping is Crucial – remember odds determine how much money you make on a particular wager. Ultimately, you want to shop around for the sportsbook that is going to give you the biggest bang for your buck. Thus, you need to have a look at all the offers available at sportsbooks you like before placing the wager.
Golf Betting Apps
We have listed the best golf betting sites where punters can make bets. All punters have to do is download the golf betting app of their Android or iPhone. A simple click on any of our top sportsbooks enables punters to view what golf event coming up and which ones are in progress. What to look for in a golf betting app? We help you answer the question below:
- Check the golf tournaments that are available. There are plenty of events like the PGA among others. Top golf betting apps will have the majority of the tours.
- Have a look at the types of wagers
- Many of the best golf betting apps will offer the option of live betting. Australian punters can have a look at the odds, check players and get the opportunity to make cash while the tournament happens as you wait for the end results.
There are many apps that you will come across on the web. The best app for golf betting can be downloaded on your device. The suggested list of sports betting sites above has popular apps that you can download on any device. Then go to the golfs section and bet on a golf event, the odds will also display as well.
Check Out Our Other Golf Betting Pages
- British Open
- Golf Legends
- PGA Championship
- RBC Canadian Open
- Popular Bets
- Ryder Cup
- Golf Betting Strategy
- Types of Bets
- US Masters
Golf Tournaments to Bet On
There are loads of golf tournaments held throughout the year that Australians can bet on. With four championships that stand out from the rest though and those are the Grand Slam tournaments. The four majors are the following:
Each year this tournament is held at a different golf course. Many consider the championship one of the hardest to win because it is played at harsh fairways. It also commonly features a grueling 18-hole course.
Every year this championship is held at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. Only one Australian has ever won this tough tournament that puts the best of best up against one another. It has proven time and again to be one of the hardest tournaments to bet, but also one of the most lucrative.
Also referred to as the British Open. As with US Open, it is also played at a different course every year. The only major placed outside the United States is considered by many to be the easiest to win. There have been many Aussie victories in this tournament for those who like betting on homegrown players.
US PGA Championship
This is an invitation-only tournament that sees the biggest names in professional golf go up against one another in an effort to be named the best. In the tournament’s 50 years plus history, only four Australians have been able to win the green jacket. Who will win it this year?
Golf Betting FAQs
Is it legal to bet on golf?
Yes, betting on golf is legal in Australia. People in different states have to check if wagering on the sport is permitted.
Where can I bet on golf online?
You can bet at Bodova Sports, BetOnline Sports, MyBookie and BetNow.
What is a each way bet in golf?
Each way bet is one that sportsbooks offer which is made of two separate wagers. The bets consist of a place bet and a win bet.
What price was Tiger Woods to win the Master?
There was an $85000 wager on Tiger Woods to be victorious in the Masters cashes for AU$1.19 million.
Which all-time golf player is the highest paid?
Tiger Woods is the highest-paid golfer who is worth AU$100 million.
Are you able to wager a hole in one?
Most sports betting sites will offer punters a hole in one wager. This bet is risky.
What mistakes do people make when golf betting?
People tend to make wagers that are not based on enough research.
What skills should you have to be successful in golf betting?
You need to be patient and resilient when wagering on golf. Make sure that you have a well-planned strategy and follow your gut feeling.