UFC fantasy leagues are booming in Australia with loads of popular online sports betting sites, such as DraftKings, offering Aussies the chance to bet on real-life competitions in a fun and innovative way. There are a wide variety of bets to take on loads of different matches. It is a fun way to check if you know as much about a sport as you think you do. It is also easier to learn than other fantasy sports like basketball or baseball.
To learn more fantasy UFC leagues and other related MMA fantasy tournaments, carry on reading. Below we have listed all you need to know about this wonderful betting option, including how to bet on fantasy sports and some general wagering tips.
Best MMA Betting Sites
How UFC Fantasy Fights Work
As previously mentioned, fantasy UFC and MMA contests are a little different from other fantasy sports, simply due to the nature of the real-life competition. If you’re unsure of how it all works, we’ve got a guide down below:
- After signing up for a fantasy MMA fight and picking a league to join, punters will be given a bankroll with which to draft a set of fighters. They will earn points on each fighter based on their real-life performance in a match up. It is important to note that scoring differs from league to league, thus you will need to make sure that you pick a site with odds and regulations you are comfortable with.
- With regard to scoring, there are two major formats often seen in fantasy MMA/UFC leagues. These are the following:
- Scoring in Action – points are awarded for maneuvers performed in the match up. For example, punters are awarded points for significant strikes, knockdowns, and takedowns, among many other moves. These are generally called power strikes and award the most points. Other advances, such as side control and back control, also award points, but not as many.
- Scoring for Conclusion – points are awarded for victory in the fight, and the number of rounds won throughout the duration of the fight. If a fighter wins a match quickly, they will be awarded more points than if the fighter wins the match in the final round.
- When building a team, punters need to pick five fighters. They will have a salary cap that they will need to follow. The team of fighters that is able to garner the most points is the winner of the league.
With this all explained, you are ready to head out there and begin joining fantasy MMA leagues that excite you.
Fantasy MMA Advice
There are few general UFC fantasy betting tips we suggest that all fighters keep in mind before organising their selection for a fight. Some of the most important include some of the following:
- Not Knowing Enough About Fighters – one of the most important parts of placing any sort of bet on MMA, including fantasy-based ones, is making sure that you know enough about the fighter you are about to bet on. You need to know their strengths and weaknesses, their fighting styles and their condition in order to make accurate predictions.
- Choosing the Wrong Fantasy League – it is important to understand that not all MMA fantasy leagues follow the same rules. You do not want to join a league that that sees you picking fighters in such a manner that does not see you gain enough points to win the contest. It is for this reason you should always make sure that you are fully aware of the rules of a particular league.
- Pay Attention to Weight Classes – remember that there are different weight classes in MMA sports. If you are trying to draft the ultimate set of fighters for a particular fight night, you need to make sure that you know all the stats of the fighters in that particular class. Remember that Conor McGregor will never be able to fight Anderson Silva because they are in different classes. Keep this in mind when you are picking fighters for your fantasy team.
Check Out Our Other Fantasy Sports Pages