Fantasy Soccer Betting Australia
If you want to get in on the fantasy soccer betting action, but don’t know how, you have come to the right place. Below we have listed all the top-rated fantasy sports betting sites in Australia. We also provide tips on how to build the ultimate team!
Best Fantasy Soccer Betting Sites 2019
The sportsbooks below all offer Australians the chance to create their own wonderful fantasy soccer teams!
Fantasy Soccer Betting Guide Contents
- Best Fantasy Soccer Betting Sites 2019
- How to Play Fantasy Soccer
- How Fantasy Soccer Betting Works
- Best Fantasy Soccer Leagues
- Fantasy Soccer Betting Tips
How to Play Fantasy Soccer
Just as any other fantasy game, fantasy soccer requires that players build a team based on real-life athletes in a professional league. Popular examples of leagues include the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, or even Australia’s very own A-League. Real-life players then earn points based on their performance in real-life matchups. For instance, if a player scores, they will earn extra points. If they get a yellow or red card, they will lose points and so on.
When building a fantasy soccer team, players are generally made to select a formation. For example, if you feel that playing with two forwards may prove to be more beneficial in terms scoring more points, they can build a team around two forwards (which was very much the case in La Liga fantasy leagues when Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were both playing in it).
In-game restrictions, such as a salary cap, are introduced so that not all gamblers gravitate towards picking the same 11 to 15 top performers, and so that there is some strategy involved in overall selection.
The winner of a fantasy soccer league or daily matchup is the coach who is able to create the team that score the most points. The game is extremely popular with soccer fans as it allows them to test their knowledge of the game against their friends, and at times even win real money prizes.
How Fantasy Soccer Betting Works
There are loads of different bets players can make while playing fantasy soccer. Some of the most popular with our players include the following:
- Head-to-Head Bets – these are great bets to make if you’re interested in showing your friends your superior knowledge of a particular soccer league. The winner in the bout is awarded a cash prize.
- Guaranteed Prize Pools (GPPs) – these are leagues that require players to pay a fee to join. The fee is then used to create a big cash prize that players have a chance to win a piece of depending on the rules of the league in question. Some competitions award only the top three players with cash prizes whereas other may gift the top half of the league with prizes.
- Cash Games – these are leagues created by the sportsbook in question that give players a chance to win cash prizes. Unlike the GPP leagues, players aren’t always made to pay a fee to join and there is a fixed prize on offer.
There are a load of different bets available to be made at the top fantasy soccer betting sites. We recommend having a look at the sites included on this site in order to find the best options and odds.
Best Fantasy Soccer Leagues
As previously mentioned, there are loads of amazing and competitive soccer leagues around the world. Many of them act as a breeding ground for the fantasy soccer betting. Below are some of our top favourite leagues with fantasy competitions surrounding them:
- Fantasy Premier League – the English Premier League is the most popular domestic soccer league in the world and is watched by millions of people around the world. There are many great sites that offer Australians the chance to play fantasy soccer with other around the world. Each stands a chance to win big real money prizes.
- Fantasy Soccer La Liga – while the EPL may be the biggest soccer league in the world, the Spanish La Liga features the two biggest clubs in the world. Form teams with players who are considered to be the best to ever grace the sport in this wonderful league.
- UEFA Champion’s League – each and every year the UEFA Champion’s League is named the most watched sporting event in the world. The only thing that can make it more exciting is if an Aussie fan were to build a fantasy team based on the best players the world has to offer.
- German Bundesliga – the German Bundesliga has been known to be home to the future greats that will propel Germany to World Cup successes. Players have the chance to build absolutely insane fantasy teams here.
- A-League – if you wish to bet on a league closer to home, most Aussie fantasy sports betting sites should have you covered with the A-League. Make solid bets with teams built on the best Australia has to offer.
Fantasy Soccer Betting Tips
Many Australians are on the look out for tips in their quest to build the ultimate fantasy soccer strategy. With all the wonderful prizes available to win, who can blame them really? While we can’t tell you anything about the ultimate strategy, we can give you a few fantasy soccer tips that may help you make better bets:
- Choose a Soccer League You Know – remember that there are many great soccer leagues around the world, and to watch them all would mean spending your whole life in front of a screen. Thus, we recommend starting a fantasy soccer team in a league you know. It may be the EPL, La Liga or even the A-League, as long as you know what is going on and who the key players are, it sounds like a good fit for you.
- Choose a Fantasy League Suited to You – it is important to note that most professional soccer seasons take over the course of several months. If you don’t think you can maintain your interest in the league that long, you need to make sure you sign up for competitions more suited to this fact. Maybe daily fantasy soccer leagues and bets are more your speed.
- Research Players – before you fill your team with just any players, make sure that you research them to ensure that they are playing well. It is all fine and good to remember that some newspaper was talking about a player’s amazing performance in a singular game, but has the player been able to maintain this form?