Counter-Strike: Global Offensive betting (also widely known as CSGO betting) is one of the biggest forms of gambling in the eSports community. Not to be confused with skins betting, punters bet on the outcome of professional tournaments and matches held across the world. With the game being one of the most popular competitive titles in the world, CSGO betting is definitely one of the best places to start if you are new to wagering on eSports.
If you are keen to jump into betting on CSGO, keep reading. Down below we have got a guide that features all punters need to know about placing wagers on competitive events surrounding this famed game at sports betting sites. This includes how to bet on esports instructions, an explanation on how to read odds and betting tips. So read on, and begin your betting journey!
Best CSGO Gambling Sites 2020
What is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive?
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is one of the biggest competitive esports first-person multiplayer games in the world. Published by Valve in 2012, the game sees two teams (Terrorist and Counter-Terrorists) battle it out to either complete an objective on the map or eliminate all enemy forces. It all depends on the game mode being played. Arguably, the most popular game mode sees the Terrorist team attempt to plant an explosive, while the Counter-Terrorist team attempts to defuse it or prevent it from ever being planted.
A single match sees the team that reaches 16 round wins win the match. Sometimes, additional rounds may be required due to find an outcome for the game. Either way, both spectators and players are sure to experience an adrenaline rush due to the competitive nature of the game. As a result of this, the title has grown into one of the largest eSports bodies in the world, with hundreds of tournaments surrounding the game being contested each and every year.
Some of the bigger tournaments surrounding the game offer prize pools that exceed AU$1 million for the winning team. Competitions avid bettors should look out for each and every year include the ESL Pro League, the eLeague and FACEIT. With most global sportsbooks understanding the growing phenomenon that is eSports, there are hundreds of opportunities to bet on the tournaments online.
How to Bet on CS GO
If you are an avid sports bettor, you’ll notice that the possible bets players can make on CSGO tournaments are all similar to those regularly seen in other sports. The only real difference is the type of props a punter can make. Read on to find out more.
- Moneyline – these are the simplest bets available to make. Essentially, all you need to do to make a moneyline bet is pick a winner for a single matchup. All you need to do is get the result of this one match right.
- Handicap – with these bets, the sportsbook gives the favourite a handicap in an attempt to give better odds for the match up. Essentially, the favourite will then need to beat the underdog by a certain scoreline for the bet to pay out.
- Totals – this is a bet based on what the final score of a match will look like. Many Australians like making total bets on CSGO matches because there are a finite number of ways the score can look like.
- Props – there are so many different prop bets punters can make on professional CSGO tournaments. Some of the most popular include first kill, first, second or third match winner and most kills, amongst many others.
- Outrights – with these bets, punters predict who may win a professional CSGO tournament. This may include events, such as the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Major Championships. These bets offer big odds and big prizes.
Understanding CSGO Betting Odds
Our experts have often found that one of the major things preventing many Australians from placing any form of sports bet is the inability to read odds. Well, if you are one such bettor, then we have got good news for you; we’re about to give you a short and easy guide which will teach you how right here.
Now, the one thing you have got to know is that there three different types of formats that can be used to display odds. These are the American, fractional and decimal formats. You don’t really need to learn the ins and outs of each of these formats as most trustworthy Australian (and European) sportsbooks stick to using the decimal format. This really is the easiest format to read and understand.
When you log in to your favourite esports betting site and navigate to the CS: GO section, you will find that odds on potential outcomes in professional matches will be displayed like this:
You should now be ready to calculate your potential winnings on any bet you will ever place at an Australian sports betting site. So, what are you waiting for? Get betting!
CS GO Betting Tips
There are a couple of things to keep in mind before placing a bet on CSGO. If you keep these tips in mind while placing bets online, you will definitely increase your odds of placing successful wagers on tournaments surrounding the game.
- Research, Research, Research – you need to research all the variables in a matchup before placing a wager. This advice is not limited to CSGO or eSports, but rather to all sports bets you ever place. Betting blindly is a good way to lose money fast.
- Fools Rush In – don’t ever place a bet just because you’re coming off a win or because you feel you have to every match day. Ultimately, there are going to be times where you are unsure of the competitors involved in a match and thus what the happenings of the match will be. If you just randomly choose to bet on matches you are unsure, more often than not, you are guaranteed to lose money.
- Good Odds Don’t Mean a Team is Going to Win – it is important to know that if a sportsbook gives one team good odds, it does not mean that the team is assured a win. We encourage punters to research matchups in order to determine whether it really is worth betting on a specific team. Or, whether you can make extra cash by betting on the supposed “underdog”.
- Don’t Bet While Emotional – make sure that you never bet on anything while you are angry, sad or even very excited. It could lead you to make bad judgments that lead to serious losses.