Dota 2 Betting Australia<
Defence of the Ancients 2 betting (also known as Dota 2 betting) is one of the most popular forms of esports gambling around the world. With the game being one of the biggest Multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBAs) in the world at the moment, there really is no surprise that there is a strong competitive community built around the game. Hundreds of tournaments are played around the world each year, including ESL and World Showdown of eSports competitions. Australians often try to bet on such events, with thousands of wagers being placed on these competitive games each and every year.
If you are looking to make some cash off of your Dota 2 fanaticism, you have come to the right place. On this page, we have created the ultimate guide to Dota 2 betting. Here we teach you how to bet as well as some tips for doing so. So, read on and learn all you need to about this fun new potential money-making opportunity.
Dota 2 Betting Guide Contents
- Best Dota 2 Betting Sites 2019
- What is Dota 2?
- How to Bet on Dota 2
- Dota 2 Betting Odds
- Top Dota 2 Betting Tips
Best Dota 2 Betting Sites 2019
If you’re looking to bet on Dota 2, the sites below will get you well on your way. Not only do these betting sites provide punters with the best odds, but they also provide them with the widest range of bets available.
What is Dota 2?
As previously mentioned, Dota 2 is a rather famous multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game published by renown developer Valve. The game sees two teams made up of five players go up against one another in an effort to conquer a contested map. Players take control of a hero character with certain abilities, strengths and weaknesses. They can also use runes to improve character attributes.
There are three major character classes: intelligence, agility and strength. There are further attributes and tools players can then use to differentiate their character even more and play to their strengths. Ultimately, it is the aim of each team to destroy a large structure called the “Ancient” in their enemy’s base.
The game requires a lot of strategical thinking from players if they are to be successful as well as fluid teamwork. These two factors make watching – and betting on – games an absolutely entertaining experience.
Competitive Dota 2 tournaments often see teams go at it in a series of best of three or best five. The winner of the most games is declared the winner of the match up.
How to Bet on Dota 2
There are loads of different Dota 2 betting markets available at the top sportsbooks in Australia. Some betting lines may seem familiar to punters who have bet on ordinary sports before, whereas there are some that are specific to the game. Possible wagers punters will generally see at AU betting sites include the following:
- Moneyline – these are straight bets on who will win a singular Dota 2 game. The outcome of the bet is determined by the outcome of this one single match.
- Outrights/Futures – these are bets made on which team might win an entire tournament. For example, you may bet on who is going to win the next ESL One tournament.
- Totals – punters can bet on the final score of the match up. Depending on the nature of the tournament, there are a limited number of manners in which the score can go. Thus, this can prove to be quite a lucrative bet for punters.
- Hero Betting – in tournaments, each team gets a chance to ban a hero for each round. Most online betting sites offer punters the chance to bet on which hero may be banned in a particular round.
- Handicaps – just as with other sports, Australians can make handicap bets on Dota 2 matchups. Think of it as an opportunity to even the odds between two teams.
There are loads of other bets also available at the best online betting in Australia. Be sure to visit the recommended sites on this site to find out more.
Dota 2 Betting Odds
Now, the one thing every prospective sports bettor need to learn before they are able to bet on sports is how to read odds. While the idea of odds may seem rather confusing to anyone who has never bet on sports, but they are actually not all that hard to understand.
There are three different manners in which esports betting odds can be displayed. These formats are American, Decimal and Fractional. While visiting Australian betting sites, punters will only ever have to be worried about reading decimal odds. However, if you are interested in learning how to read the other two formats, we recommend visiting our sports betting guide.
When you navigate to the Dota 2 betting lines, you’ll find that wagering options will generally be displayed in the following manner:
The Final Tribe (1.14) vs Freelancers (5.00)
If you were to place a bet on either of these two teams, all you would need to do is multiply the odds next to the team you would like to bet on by your stake. So, let’s say you want to bet AU$100 on The Final Tribe, the calculation would be 100 X 1.14. Thus, players have a chance of winning $114. This amount includes both a punter’s winnings and their stake, so the bet may not exactly be worth it.
It is important to have a look at the odds-on offer at different betting sites. You never know, some sites may have better odds on the same match.
Top Dota 2 Betting Tips
We’ve got some general tips for anyone who is looking to begin betting on competitive Dota 2 matches. Some include the following:
- Don’t Be Overzealous – we all know that betting is exciting and that getting a few wins may increase your confidence to predict the outcome of games. That said, don’t bet on every single competitive game just to place a game. Placing good wagers takes time and research, so make sure to do that before betting on a match.
- Practice Bankroll Management – make sure that you never place your whole bankroll on the line for one single bet. Understand that if you do this and you lose, you will lose all the money you have to bet with until the next time you are able to deposit. You also want to make sure that you don’t bet with money you can’t actually afford to bet with.
- Research, Research, Research – placing a bet blindly, or based on a tip that somebody on the internet gave you is sure to lead to a strong chance of you losing your money. It is for this reason we say that bettors should research the teams involved in a match up before placing a bet online.
Safe Odds Bets are Wise – if there is a huge discrepancy between two teams, it is never good to bet on the underdog. You could possibly win a lot of cash, yes, however, there is also a chance that you could lose your stake completely. It’s a risk that has a rather predictable outcome.