Some of the best boxing strategy points are mentioned on this page to help Australians make wagers. Depending on boxers contenders strengths and weaknesses, there are strategies that can be implemented. Boxing is quite an old sport that is more than just punches and knockouts. Boxers don’t just throw punches at their opponent, the boxers tactics are positioned to make sure they out punch and outscore their contender. The best boxing strategy allows punters to be better equipped compared to players who don’t know much about the sport.
Our in-depth guide will allow you to throw the right punches whenever you wager on boxing. Boxers need to be bold in their moves. Mental strength is also required when it comes to boxing tactics and strategy. All your boxing betting strategy questions will be answered right here. Soon, boxing will be one sport that you like wagering on at Aussie sports betting sites. With the best boxing strategy at hand, what more are you waiting for?
Top Boxing Betting Sites 2020
Basic Boxing Strategy
The aim of boxing betting strategy is for boxers to escape their opponent’s punches and make them tired in the process. Boxing at close range or fighting toe-to-toe with the opponent is considered a tactic. There are four basic punches in boxing which we get into below:
- The left jab is the most commonly used punch in boxing (for a right-handed boxer this will be the left jab). Boxers turn defence into the attack is by deflecting the contenders left jab with the right glove sending it over your left shoulder.
- Dive under the contenders left jab and push a left jab directed to his body.
- A good form of defence for the boxer is to block the punch by shifting the weight to the foot at the back. Turn the body to the right to catch the punch high on the left shoulder. A straight right counter should be carried out while the chin is kept away.
- A sidestep to the left by a boxer escapes the punch. A straight right punch is pushed out to the opponent.
- When a boxer is fighting up close, they should get in and push a quick succession of blows. Then, move away before suffering more punches that might come.
- The boxer is allowed to put their gloves on the opponent’s arm and push themselves backward. This stops the opponent from firing punches.
- A boxer can act as if they are going to hit a certain part of the body but end up hitting a different area. This move requires that boxers use their whole body from the eyes until the toes to trick their opponent.
Boxing Betting Strategy
When Aussies know how to bet on boxing, it’s also vital to know about the methods a boxer uses before a fight. These factors can sway how you bet on a fight. We explore these factors further below:
- Training Camp – this part is mostly overlooked in the betting strategy. How good a fighters training camp runs should be considered. Gamblers can find the information at different boxing news sites. Don’t give up easily because this information may be a bit difficult to find.
- A Boxers Prime – boxers prime is when they are in a good physical condition. At this stage in their boxing career, they are strong, fast and have a high level of experience. It’s not as easy as just looking at the age of the fighter to see their prime peak. Recent match performances should be tied with their prime. Boxers who are still at their prime stand a great chance of winning.
- Work Ethics – talent overtraining doesn’t always win the match. Fighters can lose a match simply because of bad training habits. James Toney is one of the finest technical boxers but battled to keep fit. While Bernard Hopkins trains vigorously to stay fit. Both conditions should be taken into account.
- Tough Fights – such tough fights can tire a fighters body. If the boxer has a few fights following each other, his body will be strained. Look out for the recent fights the boxer has been involved in.
- Motivation – whoever a gambler is rooting for needs to be hungry to win the fight. The fighter can easily make a favored champion angry. Also, see which fighter has a better team and what resources they have.