Boxing betting is when you bet on a match where two opponents fight in the ring and a winner is announced in the end. It is extremely popular at sportsbooks around the world. This is particularly true when a big matchup featuring top fighters is due to take place soon. Huge events such as Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather led to a record-breaking number of sports bets being placed on the sport. One of the great things about boxing is that there is no season for the sport.
Fights featuring big names take place throughout the year giving punters ample opportunity to earn money making sports wagers. We have created the ultimate guide with online boxing betting tips for bettors on AUSportsBetting.org. Here we teach punters how to bet on boxing online as well as where to find the best lines. So, read on, and learn about this wonderful sports betting option and make bets with your boxing betting app.
Best Boxing Betting Sites
The sites listed below should be able to take care of all your boxing gambling needs. These sportsbooks offer the largest range of betting options as well as the best odds:
Best Lottery Service
Reliable Sports Betting Site
Competitive Odds for Sports Games
How to Bet On Boxing
Below we’ve detailed all the most popular boxing betting lines at Australian sports betting sites. With our quick and easy explanations, you’ll soon be placing bets on all the matchups on the next big fight night:
- Moneyline – moneyline bets don’t change from one sport to another. All they require the punter to do is select the winner of a specific matchup. These bets will usually be marked in the following manner Floyd Mayweather (1.24) vs Manny Pacquiao (3.84). In this particular example, Mayweather is favoured to win the fight.
- Method of Victory – these bets involve attempting to predict how the fight will conclude. Fights can end in knockouts, obtaining a higher overall score from judges, or even a draw in some cases (although this is extremely rare.) These betting lines may read Mayweather to win by knockout (2.20).
- Total Rounds – these are bets made on how many rounds the match up will last. Ultimately, they’re just a form of over/under bets for boxing. Punters can bet that a fight will last more than 10.5 rounds. In such a case, the match will have to last more than 10.5 rounds to payout.
- In-Play Bets – these are bets made while a live fight is taking place. These bets punters can make could be any of those mentioned previously, such as a moneyline, method of victory, or total bet.
Check Out Other Boxing Betting Guides
Boxing Betting Odds Explained
Finding the best online boxing betting lines is of prime importance to anyone seeking to bet on the sport. The sportsbooks recommended on this page will offer Australians the opportunity to bet on any of the fights sanctioned by major boxing associations across multiple weight classes such as heavyweight, super heavyweight, middleweight, flyweight, and lightweight among others. Associations include the IBF, WBA, WBO, and WBC.
In Australia, the decimal odds system is used to denote how much a punter can win from a particular matchup. As previously stated, a betting line at sportsbook may read:
Floyd Mayweather (1.24) vs Manny Pacquiao (3.84)
To calculate how much you stand to win from a particular matchup, bettors will need to multiply their bet by the decimal accompanying the fighter’s name. For example, in the above example, an AU$100 bet on Pacquiao would yield a punter an AU$384 payout.
The one thing it is important to remember when placing sports bets online is to look for the site with the best odds for a particular fighter. We’ve provided a list of the best sports betting sites on this page. However, each offers different odds for the same fight. It is in the interest of the bettor to select the site with the highest odds on the fighter they would like to bet on. This way they will make the most money.
Boxing Betting Tips
Once you understand boxing betting rules you can place successful bets on boxing matches. Bettors need to pay attention to things like different weight classes, ranking systems, stats, and more when crafting the perfect boxing betting strategy. To help our punters out, here are some general wagering tips to keep in mind when placing a cheeky bet on the sport:
- Analyse Fighters – in order to correctly predict the outcome of a match, you will need to know the capabilities of the fighters involved in the matchup. Aussies can do this by watching footage of the fighters in action on YouTube or any other major media outlet. Another helpful way to gather more information is to read the perspectives of seasoned boxing pundits on social media or through related sites.
- Look at Championship Holders – there are loads of different championship belts in boxing sanctioned by multiple different governing bodies in the sport. Generally, if a fighter is good enough to win a belt from the IBF, WBC, WBA, or WBO, they are considered to be one of the top athletes in the sport at that moment. Betting on these fighters can prove to be pretty fruitful.
- Focus on Stats – this should be part of your process when analysing fighters. There are several different resources to help you keep up with boxing statistics. We recommend using sites like BoxRec, CompuBox, or BoxStat to keep up with metrics in the sport. This should help you understand how a particular competitor may fare in a fight with their particular fighting style.
FAQs for Boxing Betting
How do I bet on boxing?
You can bet on boxing by choosing any type of wager and a sports betting site where you can place the bet. It is important to use a strategy before making wagers.
Is it legal to bet on boxing?
Yes. It is legal to bet on boxing in Australia.
Can you parlay boxing?
Parlay boxing is when a bettor selects two or more fights and win if all your picks are right.
Can you push in boxing?
In boxing, it is not allowed for fighters to push their opponents. This is a violation of the rules.
What boxing betting sportsbooks are the best?
The best sportsbooks for betting gon boxing include Unibet, Neds, and many other sites we mention here.
Is it difficult to bet on boxing?
No. Betting on the sport is not difficult when you do your research and make valuable bets.
Check Out Our Other Sports Betting Guides