Boxing Betting Australia 2019
Boxing betting is extremely popular at sportsbooks around the world. This is particularly true when a big matchup featuring top fighters is due to take place soon. Huge events such as Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather led to record breaking number of sports bets being placed on the sport. One of the great things about boxing is that there is no season for the sport. Fights featuring big names take place throughout the year giving punters ample opportunity to earn money making sports wagers.
We have created the ultimate guide to boxing betting for Australian bettors on AUSportsBetting.org. Here we teach punters how to bet on boxing online as well as where to find the best odds. So, read on, and learn about this wonderful sports betting option.
Best Online Boxing Betting Sites for Australians
The sites listed below should be able to take care of all your boxing gambling needs. These sportsbooks offer largest range of betting options as well as the best odds:
Boxing Betting Guide Contents
- Best Online Boxing Betting Sites for Australians
- How to Bet on a Boxing Match
- Understanding Boxing Odds
- Online Boxing Betting Tips
How to Bet on a Boxing Match
Below we’ve detailed all the most popular boxing betting lines at Australian sports betting sites. With our quick and easy explanations, you’ll soon be placing bets on all the matchups on the next big fight night:
- Moneyline – moneyline bets don’t really change from one sport to another. All they require the punter to do is select the winner of a specific match up. These bets will usually be marked in the following manner Floyd Mayweather (1.24) vs Manny Pacquiao (3.84). In this particular example, Mayweather is favoured to win the fight.
- Method of Victory – these bets involve attempting to predict how the fight will conclude. Fights can end in knockouts, obtaining a higher overall score from judges, or even a draw in some cases (although this is extremely rare.) These betting lines may read Mayweather to win by knockout (2.20).
- Total Rounds – these are bets made on how many rounds the match up will last. Ultimately, they’re just a form of over/under bets for boxing. Punters can bet that a fight will last more than 10.5 rounds. In such a case, the match will have to last more than 10.5 rounds in order to payout.
- In-Play Bets – these are bets made while a live fight is taking place. These bets punters can make could be any of those mentioned previously, such as a moneyline, method of victory, or total bet.
Understanding Boxing Odds
Finding the best boxing betting odds is of prime importance to anyone seeking to bet on the sport. The sportsbooks recommended on this page will offer Australians the opportunity to bet on any of the fights sanctioned by major boxing associations across multiple weight classes such as heavyweight, super heavyweight, middleweight, flyweight and lightweight among others. Associations include the IBF, WBA, WBO, and WBC.
In Australia, the decimal odds system is used to denote how much a punter can win from a particular matchup. As previously stated, a betting line at sportsbook may read:
Floyd Mayweather (1.24) vs Manny Pacquiao (3.84)
To calculate how much you stand to win from a particular matchup, bettors will need to multiply their bet by the decimal accompanying the fighter’s name. For example, in the above example, an AU$100 bet on Pacquiao would yield a punter an AU$384 payout.
The one thing it is important to remember when placing sports bets online is to look for the site with the best odds for a particular fighter. We’ve provided a list of the best sports betting sites on this page. However, each offers different odds for the same fight. It is in the interest of the bettor to select the site with the highest odds on the fighter they would like to bet on. This way they will make the most money.
Online Boxing Betting Tips
For punters to place successful bets on boxing matches, they will need to pay attention to many different factors. Betting on the sport really is like no other. Bettors need to pay attention to things like different weight classes, ranking systems, stats, and more when crafting the perfect boxing betting strategy. In order to help our punters out, here are some general wagering tips to keep in mind when placing a cheeky bet on the sport:
- Analyse Fighters – in order to correctly predict the outcome of a match, you will need to know the capabilities of the fighters involved in the match up. Aussies can do this by watching footage of the fighters in action on YouTube or any other major media outlet. Another helpful way to gather more information is to read the perspectives of seasoned boxing pundits on social media or through related sites.
- Look at Championship Holders – there are loads of different championship belts in boxing sanctioned by multiple different governing bodies in the sport. Generally, if a fighter is good enough to win a belt from the IBF, WBC, WBA, or WBO, they are considered to be one of the top athletes in the sport at that moment. Betting on these fighters can prove to be pretty fruitful.
- Focus on Stats – this should really be part of your process when analysing fighters. There are several different resources to help you keep up with boxing statistics. We recommend using sites like BoxRec, CompuBox, or BoxStat to keep up with metrics in the sport. This should help you understand how a particular competitor may fare in a fight with their particular fighting style.