AFL Premiership betting is alive and thriving in Australia. With the AFL being the most popular sporting league in the nation, there are loads of sportsbooks that offer wonderful odds and bets on these matches. It doesn’t matter whether you want to bet on the Richmond Tigers or the West Coast Eagles, Aussies can do it all at our recommended sports betting sites.
Below we’ve got the ultimate guide to betting one the AFL Premiership. It is complete with a list of AFL betting sites every punter should use as well as tips to keep in mind when making bets on the league. So, read on and learn all you need to know about this form of betting.
Best AFL Premiership Betting Sites
Best Lottery Service
Reliable Sports Betting Site
Competitive Odds for Sports Games
How to Bet on the AFL Premiership
Looking to start betting on the AFL Premiership? Then, have a look at the different types of bets you can make at popular sportsbooks down below:
- Head-to-Head Bets – these are bets made on who is going to win a specific match. They are the simplest to make. All punters need to do is select a winner in a single match.
- Futures – do you know who is going to lift the AFL Premiership Cup at the Grand Final this year? Then, place a bet on your favoured team before the knockout stages even begin to get the best odds and win massive payouts.
- Handicaps – with these betting lines, sportsbooks select a favourite to win a specific matchup. They then give the team a disadvantage so that the result isn’t quite so predictable. For example, a matchup between the West Coast Eagles and the Collingwood Magpies may see the West Coast receive +10 advantage. This means the West Coast needs to win the matchup by at least 10 points for any handicap bets placed on them to payout.
- Totals – what will the total score of the match up add up to? Punters bet on this fact when they make totals bets, which are also referred to as over/under bets by some sportsbooks.
- Props – do you think you know which team or player is going to score first in an AFL game? Perhaps, you know which player is going to score the most goals or be named man of the match? Then, you may want to look into making a prop bet. At the best Australian online sportsbooks, there are loads of different prop bets available to be made. Essentially, prop bets are just bets made on specific events taking place in a game.
AFL Premiership Odds
AFL Premiership odds are pretty much available at any sports betting site catering to the Australian market. With the sport being considered the most popular in the nation, this really isn’t a surprise at all. That said, not all sites offer the same odds, which means you’ll get varying real money prizes from using each site.
It is for this reason we recommend that punters ship around for the best AFL Premiership betting odds. The way to do this is to check exactly how much you can make at each site placing the same bet. Aussie sportsbooks generally tend to use the decimal system when representing odds, thus it is pretty easy to calculate.
Odds on any sort of bet punters can make will always be displayed in the following manner:
With odds being so easy to understand, anyone and everyone can bet on the AFL Premiership. So, what are you waiting for?
Top AFL Premiership Betting Tips
Everyone seems to be claiming that they’re a pro AFL Premiership betting tipster these days. While we won’t make the same claim, we will share some general tips that we’ve picked up along the way that will result in punters making more successful bets more often:
- Shop for the Best Odds – we really can’t stress this enough. The way to make the most money is to ensure that you are placing bets at sites with the best odds. If you’re not doing this, you’re only cheating yourself out of cash, which is never fun.
- Pay Attention to Home State Advantage – remember that traveling impacts the performance of a team, which is why bookies generally tend to give teams playing at home the advantage. This is particularly true when looking at the AFL Grand Final, which is played at Melbourne Cricket Ground. If a team from Victoria is competing in the final, they already have an advantage in that they do not have to travel.
- AFL Minor Premiership Curse – while finishing top of the log in the home and away season is something to be proud about, slightly more than 25% of these teams have actually gone on to win the Grand Final. That’s definitely not enough to consider a sure future bet.
- Shop Early for Futures – if you’re planning on making a future bet on a particular team, make sure to shop around for odds early. While it may be difficult to tell who is going to win the league early into the season, this is when punters get the best odds on these bets.